March 23, 2017
Aerial view of Cheney.

Business FAQs

Answers to frequently asked questions on starting a business, obtaining a business license or operating a business in the City of Cheney, Washington.

Can I do business from my home?

Home-based businesses are allowed in residential zones, but not to the point where the business is more prominent than the residence.  If you are thinking about establishing a home-based business (home occupation), an overview of the zoning requirements is available here.


What is the sales tax reporting code in Cheney?

All sales made within the City of Cheney, in addition to sales resulting in deliveries of merchandise within the city limits, should be reported to the Washington State Department of Revenue using the 3202 sales tax reporting code.



Community Development
112 Anderson Road
Cheney, WA  99004

Monday-Friday, 8-5

(509) 498-9240

(509) 498-9249


Staff Contacts:

Brett Lucas
Senior Planner

Susan Beeman
Administrative Secretary