For emergencies call 911.
Message from Chief John D. Hensley
It is a great privilege to write this forward to our police department website. The Cheney Police have a long-standing tradition for providing quality service to our community and we are working hard to enhance this reputation further. To that end, we are instituting several principles for delivery of service we believe will make us even more responsive to your needs. These principles include:
• An organizational philosophy of solving problems, not masking them.
• Structuring the department to support and promote our philosophy.
• Hiring, training and promoting individuals who share our vision of quality policing.
• Working to develop meaningful partnerships with each of you.
• To be the best "Crime Fighters" in the state of Washington.
• To put to work the latest in technology to assist with the prompt identification and resolution of community problems.
• Working to empower and mobilize the community to help solve their own problems whenever possible.
As we work to develop the qualities needed to be the best police department we can be, our collective relationships will be stronger and Cheney will continue as a place where business can flourish and our residents and visitors enjoy the highest quality of life.
The Cheney Police Department produces a monthly accountability review which looks at the performance of the department, and our ability to provide services to the community.
- Our Standards: We scrutinize our performance and look for new and innovative ways to serve the community.
Department Partnerships: formed with Eastern Washington University, the courts, and community groups. With these partnerships we can address crime, and enhance the quality of life within the city of Cheney.
We are here to provide professional and timely service to the community. The entire police department is dedicated to making sure Cheney remains a place that citizens, students, and visitors can feel safe and prosper.