The City of Cheney periodically accepts competitive bids for goods or services. The competitive bid process ensures that City purchases are made fairly, without favoritism, and in a way which constitutes a wise use of public funds.
The City will typically accept the lowest bid received, but it is important to note that low bids can be disregarded if they are judged to be lacking in meeting minimum job specifications.
As bid notices are published, they will be listed on this page. Where the bid opening date has passed, you may see the tabulated bid results following the description of the project.
Bid Results: Well 1 and 2 Rehab Project 2015
Accredited Third Party Laboratory Services
[Apr 18, 2016]
CITY OF CHENEY
ACCREDITED THIRD PARTY LABORATORY SERVICES
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
The City of Cheney, Washington is accepting proposals from qualified laboratory service providers with experience in water and wastewater testing.
In order to provide timely and efficient third party laboratory testing services for the City of Cheney’s Water and Wastewater Divisions, the City requires specialized expertise in third party laboratory services, as described below in the Scope of work.
Scope of Work
The services required by City may include, but are not limited to working closely with the City’s staff to:
• A qualified laboratory is expected to be able to provide testing at their facility of the requested water quality parameters.
• The submitting laboratory is required to provide documentation of Washington State Department of Ecology Laboratory Accreditation for each of the listed water quality tests as described below. Please note accreditation for drinking water, wastewater or both.
• Test results must include method, QA/QC results and chain of custody.
• Any test sub-contracted by the submitting laboratory must be noted and approved by the City prior to the test being sent out and will require documentation of the sub-contractors Washington State DOE Laboratory Accreditation, full chain of custody for the sample and test results including quality assurance and control data for that test.
• Test parameters
o Fecal Coliform – Count
o Total Coliform - Count
o Total Coliform/Ecoli – Detect
o Total Trihalomethane (THM)
o Halo-Acetic Acids (HAA5)
o Complete Inorganics (IOC)
o Volatile Organics (VOC)
o Soil Fumigants
o Gross Alpha
o Radium 228
o Total Suspended Solids (TSS)
o Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
o Ammonia Nitrogen
o Total Kjeldahl Nitrogen
o Total Nitrogen
o Total Phosphorus
o Dissolved Oxygen
o Metals (total recoverable)
o Oil & Grease
Submittals will be evaluated and ranked based on the following criteria:
1) Qualifications of the laboratory firm.; 2) Past experience of the firm.; 3) Demonstrated understanding of the scope of work; 4) Approach to scope of work; 5) References.
Proposals may be hand-delivered, mailed, or delivered by courier.
City of Cheney Public Works Department
“City of Cheney Accredited Third Party Laboratory Services”
112 Anderson Rd
Cheney, WA 99004
All proposals should be clearly marked on the outside of the envelope: “City of Cheney Accredited Third Party Laboratory Services”
Please submit TWO copies of you Statement of Qualifications to: Public Works Department, City of Cheney, 112 Anderson Road, Cheney, Washington, 99004, Attention: Todd Ableman by May 6, 2016 not later than 5:00 PM. No submittals will be accepted after that date and time.
Inquiries regarding the RFP can be directed to Todd Ableman at (509) 498-9293 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Recipient, in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 78 Stat. 252, 42 U.S.C. 2000d to 2000d-4 and Title 49, Code of Federal Regulations, Department of Transportation, Subtitle A, Office of the Secretary, Part 21, Nondiscrimination in Federally-assisted programs of the Department of Transportation issued pursuant to such Act, hereby notifies all bidders that it will affirmatively ensure that in any contract entered into pursuant to this advertisement, disadvantaged business enterprises as defined at 49 CFR Part 26 will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this invitation and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, national origin, or sex in considered for an award.
Dates of publication: April 21, 2016 Cheney Free Press.
Accredited 3rd Party Laboratory Service 4-16-2016.pdf