The Cheney Solid Waste Division is responsible for both the collection and disposal of solid waste as well as the collection and processing of recyclable materials.
The City of Cheney transports solid waste to the Spokane Waste-to-Energy incineration plant. The City runs and operates its own Recycling Facility that is open to the public 21 hours each week for the drop-off of a wide range of recyclable materials.
City of Cheney Residential Solid Waste Service
General Rules and Guidelines:
- These service levels are designed to meet individual needs of Cheney citizens in regard to solid waste disposal.
- You should not consistently generate refuse in excess of the selected service level.
- The contents must dump out readily when the can is inverted.
- Any additional bags, etc., shall require an additional charge.
- Seasonal changes in rates cannot be made due to the paperwork and administrative costs involved.
- You will be billed and financially responsible for compliance with the terms of this application and other applicable City ordinances, rates, and regulations.
If you have any other questions about your solid waste service, please contact the Public Works Department at (509) 498-9293.
If you would like to make changes to your service or have billing questions, please contact the Finance Office at (509) 498-9209.