ECHO and CASLO
ECHO (Every Child Has Opportunities) is an elementary-aged before- and after-school program located at Windsor Elementary, Snowdon Elementary, and the Wren Pierson Community Center.
Bus transportation is provided to the Wren site for students who attend Salnave Elementary and Betz Elementary. ECHO is a place where children have the opportunity to explore their interests, develop life skills, develop better social skills, engage in physical activities, develop healthy life styles, and build meaningful relationships with other children and adults.
Note: Every day school is in session.
- Mornings: Monday - Thursday, 6:15 to 8:15 a.m.
- Late start Friday mornings: 6:15 to 9:15 a.m.
- Afternoons: Monday - Friday, 3 to 6 p.m.
ECHO Registration Form
Inclement Weather & Holiday Closure
If inclement weather causes a 2-hour delay of the Cheney School District, all programs that begin prior to noon will be cancelled. All afternoon and evening programs will continue to run. If the Cheney Public Schools are closed, all Parks and Recreation programs will also be cancelled for the day. If programs are held on weekends, a decision will be made by 8 a.m. and posted on the City website, our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Classes will not meet on locally observed holidays unless otherwise noted by instructor.
Inclement Weather Guidelines
Camp CASLO Summer Day Camp Information
Cheney's Adventurous Summer Learning Opportunity (CASLO) is a summer day camp program for ages 5 - 12.
Each week will be based on a theme which will provide campers the opportunity to play recreational games, do arts and crafts, go on field trips, hikes, walks, participate in the Cheney Library's summer reading program, and swim at the Cheney Outdoor Pool.
Camp CASLO registration is now open! Here's how to register:
- Complete the registration form. The form MUST be completed in its entirety. All questions must be answered. If a question doesn't pertain to your child, please write "n/a," but do NOT leave any fields blank.
- AFTER you have submitted the form, call 509-498-9250 to enroll your child. Submitting the form does NOT enroll your child in CASLO. You MUST call us to enroll.