- 6:30 p.m.
- The 2nd Wednesday of even-numbered months
- Wren Pierson Community Center
- Meetings are open to the public
- Rob Beamer
- Kelley Cullen
- Tricia Hughes
- Carrie Kreilkamp
- Tony Tobin
Park Board Vacancy
The City of Cheney is seeking to fill a current vacancy on the Park Board. Serving on a city board or commission affords citizens the opportunity to participate in the citywide effort to address important issues. If you are interested, are a registered voter, and live within the city limits, please apply online here, or call the Mayor’s Office at 509-498-9200 to have an application form sent to you.
The Park Board works to provide, promote, and coordinate park maintenance, recreational, and cultural opportunities in a safe and healthy environment for the benefit and enjoyment of the Cheney community. Board members are appointed by the Mayor, to advise the Mayor and City Council on various specialized topics.
Mission Statement for Parks & Recreation
Provide, promote, and coordinate park maintenance, recreational, and cultural opportunities in a safe and healthy environment for the benefit and enjoyment of the Cheney community. The following objectives are essential to the fulfillment of this mission:
- Create an open channel of communication with the community in order to stay abreast of the ongoing needs of the community as well as to gauge the overall level of performance by the Cheney Parks and Recreation Department in meeting those needs.
- Strive to accommodate a diverse array of recreational and cultural community needs ranging from highly competitive athletic events to leisurely activities.
- Forge partnerships of support and cooperation with public and private recreational organizations to meet current and future community needs.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility through the prudent expense of funds and through the building of reserve fund balances to provide financial stability for the Cheney Parks and Recreation Department.
- Satisfy current and future community facility needs through improvement and expansion of existing and/or new facilities.
- Explore and pursue viable sources of public and private financing as warranted to sustain existing and new park, recreational, and cultural opportunities in the community.
- Optimize the use of park facilities through the employment of safe and efficient operation and maintenance practices and procedures.
- Recognize the invaluable role that the public, citizen advisory boards, and elected officials have in shaping and defining the course of action to be taken by the Cheney Parks and Recreation Department to meet the needs of the community.