Request a Continuance

If you are unable to be present for your court hearing and have a lawyer, they are responsible for rescheduling your court date. However, if you are not represented by counsel you must file a scheduling order (PDF) to continue your hearing to a future date.

Completing a Form

Please complete the form with:
  • Your (Defendant) name
  • Case number
  • Basis for the continuance
  • Sign on designated lines
  • Specify the date and time you wish to be continued to beside the appropriate hearing type
Please contact the court clerk for available hearing dates and times. Court is only held on Thursday.

Submitting a Request

Your request must be made before your scheduled hearing. You may submit your request by mail, fax, or in person.