Utility Billing Services
Utility Payment Options
1. Pay by check. The city receives payments through the mail and the conveniently located and secure drop box in the front door of City Hall.
2. Pay by credit card on the City’s website. A processing fee of 2.49% will be added to your credit card charge by the credit card processor. The City does not charge or keep that fee.
3. Pay using your bill pay option at your bank. Please contact your bank for details for possible charges.
4. Pay by cash. The City will receive cash in the drop box, please ensure your bill stub with the payment noting the account and/or address. Please do not mail cash.
5. Pay using DOXO. DOXO is our paperless billing partner and allows payments using credit cards and direct debts from your checking account. There is a credit card fee associated with your transaction through DOXO with a smaller fee for automatic debits directly from your checking account.
Governor Inslee Issues Proclamation 20-23 Regarding Utilities
Governor Inslee has issued Proclamation 20-23, pertaining to Utility Ratepayer Assistance and Preservation of Essential Services. The City of Cheney is committed to keeping our customers connected to essential services during the COVID-19 pandemic emergency. If you are experiencing hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may be eligible for support, including long-term payment arrangement or bill assistance. This Proclamation does not relieve customer from the obligation to pay for utility services.
Proclamation 20-23 can be found here.
The Washington State Utilities and Transportation Commission will serve as the single point of contact within the state for customers seeking bill assistance information. Utilities and Transportation Commission Consumer Hotline: 1-888-333-WUTC (9882) or email@example.com.
Requests to connect or disconnect utility services are accepted at the Finance Department, located in City Hall at 609 2nd Street. All requests can be made in person or completed requests can be received on-line. Same-day service is available for all requests received and processed prior to 3:00 p.m. Monday - Friday, weekends and holidays excluded.
Click here for a direct link to forms and instructions.