Residential Trash Service
General Rules & Guidelines
- These service levels are designed to meet individual needs of Cheney citizens in regard to solid waste disposal.
- You should not consistently generate refuse in excess of the selected service level.
- The contents must dump out readily when the can is inverted.
- Any additional bags, etc., shall require an additional charge.
- Seasonal changes in rates cannot be made due to the paperwork and administrative costs involved.
- You will be billed and financially responsible for compliance with the terms of this application and other applicable City ordinances, rates, and regulations.
Solid Waste Residential Pickup Map
- If you would like to verify the day of the week that your residential cart will be dumped. Please refer to the Solid Waste Residential Pickup Map.
Cart Placement & Storage
- Our services use advanced automated trucks equipped with a lifting mechanism on the side that picks up and empties your containers. This operation allows us to collect refuse and yard waste more efficiently, which stabilizes the cost, improves service and reduces work-related injuries.
- Place your cart at the curb by 6 a.m. to ensure it's there when the truck arrives. Don't place it under an eave or a basketball hoop and put it within two feet of the curb.
- Make sure the lid opens toward the street or alley.
- Don't overload the cart. There's a 250-pound weight limit.
- Don't let material extend outside of the cart. You will be charged for an over filled cart if the lid has more than a 45-degree angle when closed.