Utility Online Bill Payment
- Pay by check. While the City Finance Department is currently closed to the public, we are still in the office and receive payments in the conveniently located and secure drop box in the front door of City Hall.
- Pay by credit card on the City’s website. A processing fee of 2.49% will be added to your credit card charge by the credit card processor. The City does not charge or keep that fee.
- Pay using your bill pay option at your bank. Please contact your bank for details for possible charges.
- Pay by cash. The City will receive cash in the drop box, please ensure your bill stub with the payment noting the account and/or address. Please do not mail cash.
- Pay using DOXO. DOXO is our paperless billing partner and allows payments using credit cards and direct debts from your checking account. There is a credit card/debit fee associated with your transaction through DOXO with no fees for automatic debits directly from your checking account.
To access the payment site, please
When paying either a utility bill or utility deposit on-line, please have available:
- Utility Account Number
- Utility Account Name
- Utility Account Address
- Payment Amount
- Phone Number
- e-mail address to receive your receipt
- Credit Card Information
There is a 2.49% credit/debit card processing fee ($1.50 minimum) or a $1.50 electronic check processing fee added to your transaction amount. The fee is charged and retained by the processing company and is not paid to the City of Cheney.
For additional information on utility payments or utility deposits, please contact us at (509) 498-9209.