Utility Online Bill Payment
Update on Utility Payment Options
Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, and complying with the Governor’s proclamation to isolate, the City has not charged the credit card processing fee to our customers to encourage social distancing while paying City of Cheney utility bills. Rather than charge the customer, the City instead paid the credit charges with CARES funding received by the City to aid with unforeseen and unbudgeted expenses associated with the pandemic. The CARES funding ends November 30, 2020. Given the end of funding, the City will once again pass those credit card processing fees onto those customers using credit/debit cards to pay their utility bills.
There are several ways to pay utility bills:
1. Pay by check. The city receives payments through the mail and the conveniently located and secure drop box in the front door of City Hall.
2. Pay by credit card on the City’s website. A processing fee of 2.49% will be added to your credit card charge by the credit card processor. The City does not charge or keep that fee.
3. Pay using your bill pay option at your bank. Please contact your bank for details for possible charges.
4. Pay by cash. The City will receive cash in the drop box, please ensure your bill stub with the payment noting the account and/or address. Please do not mail cash.
5. Pay using DOXO. DOXO is our paperless billing partner and allows payments using credit cards and direct debts from your checking account. There is a credit card fee associated with your transaction through DOXO with a smaller fee for automatic debits directly from your checking account.
Additionally, the finance department is open to the public and will assist in person any individual who requires personal assistance every Wednesday 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Please wear your mask and social distance from other customers while in the lobby.
To access the payment site, please
When paying either a utility bill or utility deposit on-line, please have available:
- Utility Account Number
- Utility Account Name
- Utility Account Address
- Payment Amount
- Phone Number
- e-mail address to receive your receipt
- Credit Card Information
There is a 2.49% credit/debit card processing fee ($1.50 minimum) or a $1.50 electronic check processing fee added to your transaction amount. The fee is charged and retained by the processing company and is not paid to the City of Cheney. Fee has been suspended as of 3/18/2020.
Thank you for your patience while the City updated both the website and our on-line payment processing. For additional information on utility payments or utility deposits, please contact us at (509) 498-9209.