Regular City Council Meeting Agenda
City Council Chambers
May 9, 2023 - 6:00 p.m.
Council comments may be submitted via email to email@example.com or by dropping off written comments in the drop box at Cheney City Hall, 609 2nd St. All comments must be received by 5:00 p.m. the day of the meeting. In-person and virtual participants will have the opportunity to comment during the meeting. If you want to provide verbal comments during the meeting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. the day of the meeting and provide the topic you would like to speak about.
A resolution approving the City to engage in discussions regarding an approach to addressing regional homelessness issues.
The City received the attached lodging tax application from the American Legion No. 72 for an event to be held after the Rodeo parade. It is the goal of the Legion to provide an event to encourage those attending the parade to stay downtown to visit businesses and restaurants.
• Ordinance Y-41 proposes to amend the Comprehensive Plan (land use map) and the Zoning Map for the land located between Bi-Mart and Grocery Outlet on SR-904. The proposed change is from commercial to Mixed Use (on the west side of the creek), and to Residential (R-3H) on the east side of the creek.
• February 13, 2023 – Planning Commission heard this application and recommended approval. There were concerns regarding the loss of low-income housing.
• February 28, 2023 - City Council deferred action on Ordinance Y-41 to request more information.
• March 14, 2023 - City Council was presented information about relocation options and assistance.
• March 28, 2023 - City council heard from the applicant and the citizens, and approved a 1st reading of the ordinance.
• April 25, 2023 - City council heard from the applicant and the citizens, and approved a 2nd reading of the ordinance. There are concerns regarding relocation, as City Council had requested a site assessment in terms of relocation eligible units. Additional information had been provided. City Council did ask for additional information in regards to owner/tenant communication.