The Cheney Solid Waste Division wants to help residents dispose of over-sized garbage. This annual service helps residents get rid of large items, up to the equivalent of one full-size pickup truck bed. Collection will be made on the customer's normal garbage pickup day during the week of April 22-25.
- Residential utility customers must sign up in advance by calling the City of Cheney Public Works Department at (509) 498-9293.
- Deadline to arrange for the large item pickup will be Friday, April 19, at 5:00 p.m.
- The collection days will be April 22, 23, 24 and 25, 2019. Your collection day will coincide with your normal garbage pickup day.
- Items must be set out for collection at curbside by 7:00 a.m. on the garbage collection day.
- The cost is $21.88 including tax. This fee will be charged to your monthly garbage service bill. By signing up for this service, the resident agrees to pay the fee.
- The quantity of material will be an equivalent of 1 full-size pickup truck bed, per structure, per residential city address. Material in excess of allowed quantity will be left at curbside.
- All appliances must be empty or they will not be picked up.
- For a list of acceptable and unacceptable items and other details, please see the informational flyer here. A copy is also enclosed with utility bills mailed to our customers at the end of March.