Temporary Reopening of the Cheney Recycling Facility
Hours of Operations: Tuesday – Saturday: 8:00 am to 11:00 am
(Days and hours subject to change)
In order to reopen the Cheney Recycling Facility during COVID-19 Governor’s Stay at Home Order, and keeping Cheney residents and City staff safe, recycling services will be conducted outdoors through a drive through facility and self-service disposal:
- Disposal of recycling materials will be comingled. Large recyclable products such as cardboard will need to be broken down and folded to fit in dumpsters.
- Dumpsters for recyclables will be located outside and around the Recycling Facility.
- Residents will pull up to the entrance gate to the recycling facility and wait for the next available dumpster to dispose of their recycling products.
- Dumpsters will be spaced to allow social distancing when disposing recyclables.
- Residents are to stay in their cars until a dumpster is available.
- City staff will be onsite to direct vehicles to available dumpsters.
- Citizens are encouraged to wear facial coverings and additional PPE, such as gloves, to reduce the risk of spreading or exposure to the virus.
- In anticipation of increased traffic at the recycling site, we ask for patience from the public as they deliver their recycling materials to the facility. Please be respectful of city staff and other patrons as we work through implementing these alternate arrangements.