The annual ’Large Item Pickup’ is a convenient way for City of Cheney residential garbage customers to dispose of large items not ordinarily accepted in their weekly garbage service. This event has now been rescheduled for the week of October 5-8, 2020, but you must contact the Public Works Department at (509) 498-9293 before the close of business on Friday, October 2 to arrange for pickup.
- The collection days will now be October 5, 6, 7 and 8th, 2020. Your collection day will coincide with your normal garbage pickup day. Items must be set out for collection at curbside by 7:00 a.m. on the garbage collection day.
- The charge will be $21.88 including tax. This fee will be charged on the monthly utility bill for garbage service. By signing up for this service, the resident agrees to pay the fee.
- Deadline to arrange for the large item pickup will be Friday, October 2nd, at 5:00 PM. To arrange for pickup, or to determine if certain items are accepted, please contact the City of Cheney Public Works Department at 498-9293.
- The quantity of material allowed for pickup will be limited to an equivalent of 1 full-size pickup truck bed, per structure, per residential city address. Material in excess of allowed quantity will be left at curbside.
- All appliances must be empty or they will not be picked up.
- This is a service provided to the City’s residential utility customers.
Download the flyer here with complete details on the Large Item Pickup 2020.