Effective January 1, City of Cheney utility customers will see changes in rates for both electric and water services. Utility bills processed on January 31 will be prorated with the new rates for metered services covering the time period of December 2017 – January 2018. Due to a pass-through rate increase from Bonneville Power Administration, the following new electric rates (but not limited to) will apply:
- Residential base rate increase from $14.10 to $16.43 per month for single-phase meters. There is no change in the cost per kWh; rate remains at $.06.
- Commercial base rate increase from $15.00 to $20.00 per month for single-phase meters; kWh rate change to $.0610.
- Commercial base rate increase from $20.00 to $28.98 per month for three-phase meters; kWh rate change to $.0610.
Additionally, due to water issues experienced by the City during the last two summers, the following new water rates will apply:
- Residential/multi-unit base rate increase from $8.26 to $10.00 per month. Water usage fee increases from $1.05 to $1.40 per hundred cf.
- Commercial water no change in base rate. Water usage fee increase from $1.05 to $1.40 per hundred cf.
The City of Cheney continually strives to provide the highest level of service to our customers, using the lowest possible utility rates. If you would like further information regarding the rates, please visit the Utility Rates page of our website, and select the service you would like to view.